Thursday, July 11, 2013

Decisions Decisions


I have known from start of this process that I wanted to paint my front porch ceiling haint blue.

"Once just an old Southern tradition, the blue porch ceiling has made its way north and is being introduced to new generations. There are numerous theories as to why – from fooling spiders and wasps into thinking the ceiling is the sky, to blue being a harbinger of good luck, to the color extending daylight, to scaring away evil spirits."

In addition to these fabulous reasons to paint the ceiling blue I just love how it looks. Who would of thought that there were so many options to choose from?! I thought haint blue was one color but it certainly is not. The painter needed a decision last night so I had to call in re-inforcements and have my mom come help me decide. I think we made a great choice. Stay tuned to see the final product tomorrow!


 I am so glad they are finally starting to paint over the not so flattering brown color. The white looks great and I can't wait to see the full house painted and the black shutters added!



No comments:

Post a Comment