Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A Bed for Brox



I have been searching for the perfect toddler bed for Brox. I knew I wanted it to look old so I started the hunt for a Jenny Lind spindle bed but turns out they don't really exist anymore. The only one that I found was $700 from Land of Nod. For some reason I held off on ordering the bed and a week later I got a text from my cousin Taylor that she found an antique Jenny Lind for $200. We went to see it and walked away with a bed for $125 thanks to Mom's negotiation skills. I am soo excited to have such a beautiful old piece in Brox's room. I originally thought this would be the before picture and I would paint the bed high gloss black but as I was cleaning it yesterday I decided I love the old chipped paint look. So much character!

I want to make sure his room is perfect as soon as we move in to help make the transition easier.  Next on my list for his room is to make a tee-pee for his reading nook!



No comments:

Post a Comment