Monday, March 25, 2013

Packing time!

On Saturday we found out that our house met value on the appraisal which means the closing date is officially set for April 15th. We have been holding off on really packing until we made sure we were over this hurdle so when we heard the news we knew it was time to get our butts moving. Clearly Brox was more enthusiastic about packing then Jordan.

Garage Sale

Couldn't resist posting the adorable pics of Brox at our garage sale. Since we are so close to our move out date I was determined to have the sale rain or shine and we did just that. We moved everything into the garage and had a successful sale despite the fact that it stormed the entire morning. I guess our shoppers aren't afraid of lightening. Out with the old and in with the new!

Friday, March 8, 2013

For Sale to Sale Pending

For sale to sale pending in 10 days!

I think it took longer to get Brox to pose with the sale pending sign than it did to sell the house.

Closing date is set for April 15th!

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Crazy Day

Two crazy things happened today.

1. Got a note from our realtor that the buyers love all of the furnishings in our house and wants to know what we are willing to part with.
2. We received a backup offer on the house so if for some reason this contract doesn't go through we already have another offer in place to start working.

In other news Brox's new school will have an opening for him in April which is a huge relief. I originally  told her the earliest he would be coming would be late summer. Who would have thought everything would have happened so fast!

Feeling very blessed!

Monday, March 4, 2013

For Sale to Contract Pending

Here is an outline of how the last week and played out:

-Tuesday February 26th our house hits MLS at 9:30 am
-Realtors tour the house same day and tell Jordan they don't think the house will last through the weekend
-Numerous showings throughout the week
-Open house on Sunday March 3rd
-2:00 pm we receive a solid offer and prepare to counter
-5:00 pm we get a call that a second offer is coming in at 8:00 pm
-10:00 pm our realtor comes over with both offers
-noon on Monday we accept an offer
-2:00 on Monday buyers sign and leave option check

Next step:
Inspection on Wednesday

holy moly! what a whirlwind. I never in a million years expected for things to move this quickly. I know the economy is different then it was a few years ago but I still take this as a sign that this was meant to be. While we were disappointed the other two times that the house didn't sell it clearly just wasn't the right plan for us.

We still have to get through the inspection and option period so we will know by March 14th if the contract is moving forward. Then time to start packing because they want to close April 15th!

Let the organizing, packing, garage selling, craigslisting begin!